Rujuta Diwekar is a celebrity nutritionist from Mumbai. She is the winner of the ‘Nutrition Award’ from Asian Institute Of Gastroenterology. She works with high profile celebrities including Kareena Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Saif Ali Khan, Anil Ambani, Varun Dhawan, Anupam Kher and few more.
Recently Rijutha posted a picture of the menu on social media with a caption “ok, trust me but A.B.C juice is the new Maggi of the Himalaya”.
What is A.B.C Juice?
A for Apple
Apples contain flavonoids, antioxidants and dietary fibre. The phytonutrients, dietary fibre and antioxidants in apples help to reduce the risk of developing cancer, diabetes, blood pressure and heart disease. They also contain good amounts of Vitamins – A, B1, B2, B6, C and K, Calcium, Phosphorus and Potassium. It contains pectin which lowers LDL bad cholesterol levels.
B for Beetroot
Beetroot is loaded with Vitamin A, B and C, Potassium, Copper and Iron. It supports detoxification, promotes brain health, lowers blood pressure and rich in immune-boosting nutrients and fibre. They also contain anti-ageing properties.
C for Carrot
Carrots are the powerhouse of Vitamin A in addition to B1, B2, B6, C, E and K as well as minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium. It contains beta-carotene which is converted to Vitamin A by our body.
All these three combined to make this detox juice. This is popularly known as A.B.C juice.
A few years back, a Chinese herbalist suggested this juice to the people suffering from lung cancer. After 3 months of this juice intake, the patients recovered from the lung cancer. It is not effective for lung cancer but also cures most of the cancer types by inhibiting cancer cell growth.
How To Make?
- Take one apple, one beetroot and one carrot.
- Remove the peel of beetroot and chop into pieces.
- Cut down apples and carrots into pieces but don’t peel off.
- Juice them and consume right after making it.
When To Consume?
For best results take this drink on empty stomach early in the morning. You can have your breakfast after one hour of the consumption of this drink.
What Does A.B.C Juice Do To Your Body?
- A.B.C Juice contains lots of life-saving antioxidants. The two vegetables carrot and beetroot along with the goodness of apple help keep the levels of LDL cholesterol down and protects the heart.
- It is even very good for your skin. Due to rich antioxidant levels, this drink gives you fresh, younger and radiant look.
- This juice gives you healthy gut and protects from ulcers. It regulates bowel movements and gives relief from chronic constipation.
- It gives relief to women suffering from menstrual cramps and pain.
- Working for long hours on computers can cause eye dryness and redness. This juice improves vision and reduces dryness and tiredness.
- This drink increases red blood cell production and helpful in detoxification of the liver.